My Cloudy Days, Part 2

The one thing I was sure of.
The one thing I knew.
It too seems far away,
Lost in my cloudy days.
Then I wonder,
How? How can I be this?
Lord, You were mistaken
When You called me!
I don't meet the standards.
I won't measure up!
I should just forget it.
I'll attempt something else.

When will the clouds pass away?
When will my night turn to day?
I know He cares,
And I do trust Him.
But it's hard to wait,
It's hard to hope
When you don't see any light.
My eyes are dry,
But the tears still come.
When will it end?
When will the valley be over?

With each cloudy day,
My heart hardens more.
I don't want to love.
I don't want to care!
I've given myself before,
I gave too much....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Trial of Humiliation

Perseverance

The Ocean