In college, I had to write a speech, using quotes from different poems, books, songs etc to make my own poem. Here's what I wrote. I titled it Hope. I don't remember where I got all the quotes and I didn't write down my sources. Oops! I did tweak it a bit because it didn't make sense.

My life was like a moonless night...

We see so many ugly things - 
Deceits, wrongs and quarrelings

When some great sorrow,
like a mighty river comes,
Flows through your life 
with peace destroying power.

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul

And then you shot across my sky like a meteor.

When ceaseless toil has hushed your song of gladness
And clearest things are swept from sight forever

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
Hold fast to your dreams,
This too shall pass away.
A light from the shadows shall spring

When you were gone, everything went black.

Renewed shall be blade that was broken.
 And sings the tune without the words

There was brilliancy
There was beauty

O keep a place a part, within your heart
For little dreams to go.

Though we all know that we must die.

Yet, you and I may walk like gods and goddesses
And be even now at home in immortality.


*I do know some of this is Emily Dickinson, some is from the Twilight books, and I recognize some from hymns but I don't know the titles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trial of Humiliation

Some things to think about...

The Little Girl Who Saved Me