The Power of Self Worth

Women vs. Women. It's something that has been a plague on our society for a long time. It seems with the influx of social media, it has become an even bigger issue. I've been sitting on this blog post for a while, and I think now is a good time to publish it. If you are a woman reading this, please think about the way you act/react to women around you. Women have been the underdog of society for a long time and it's important that we support each other and not tear each other down.

 
Inadequate
Jealous
Lonely
Intimidated
Ugly

For a long time, I applied those words to myself.

I thought I was the lesser person...or the worthless person.

I wasn't as good as you.

Not as pretty.
Not as talented.

I was invisible...

But now I realize that you are the one all those words describe.

You were making me feel this way because you feel these things about yourself.
And the only way for you to feel better
Was for me to feel equally as bad or worse.

But not anymore...

No longer will I be invisible
worthless
ugly
untalented
or inadequate.

You have lost your power over me.

And I feel sorry for you.

You'll never know the power I feel now.
The power of self-worth.

Maybe someday you will realize your mistake.
Maybe you'll realize that you aren't any of those things either.

Neither of us is perfect.
Stop pretending you are.
Know that you are
Worth it
Smart
Pretty
Talented.
and a million other amazing things.

Focus on being your best self.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trial of Humiliation

Perseverance

The Little Girl Who Saved Me