Day 3 of 182

I'm trying.
I can honestly say I am trying.
But it all still feels like too much.

Either I put in 100% at work or 100% at home, but I can't do both. I see what I've accomplished and I try to be proud - tell myself I have done something good, but the failures loom too large in my sight.

If I let it, the depression seeps out. I use the words seeps because I imagine it as this black sticky goop that follows me and seeps through all the cracks and door frames. I can't escape it. Only close the door for a respite. I try to block it. I distract, distract but sometimes that's not enough.

How do you face failure and depression - Two looming monsters on your shoulders? I've been dealing with both for quite a while and I don't have a good answer.

All I can do is try. Wake up, take a deep breath, and face the day as best as I can.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trial of Humiliation

Some things to think about...

Perseverance