Walk by Faith

"Step out of the boat"
He beckons to me.
"Step out on faith
Come follow me!"

But the storm is surging,
The waves crashing
He is obscured
By a wall of rain.

It is too dark
And I am afraid,
I will be swallowed up
By the waves

Yet He still calls.
I see His figure
Walking on the water
"Have faith in me!"

So I step out -
For a moment,
I rest in His gaze
I see him clearly
Through the haze

How swiftly a moment passes!
Peace is torn from my grasp!
I notice the wind and waves
Lightning crashes overhead.

I begin to sink...
 But I don't turn back.
I keep facing Him
I may be crushed in the depths,


But I saw Him
Felt the peace of
His loving gaze
It was worth it.

Then He is there
Grasping my hand
Pulling me upwards
Into His arms

"Be still now
I am here."
As He holds me close
I realize -
My faith has made me whole.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trial of Humiliation

Some things to think about...

The Little Girl Who Saved Me